Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wow, It Has Been Almost A Year

Could that be true?  Are you shocked that I am alive and writing?  Me too.  My mom has told me that my aunts want me to write again, here you go...  I will give you the short version for this post and as time allows, I will catch you up with all the details of most of the past year.  I will probably start with the summer and go from there.  What can I say, life is just busy.  There were so many times I thought "I really could post about this on the old blog..."  I just never had/took the time to do it.  The last time I wrote was last fall.  Fall turned into winter, winter to spring, then summer and now we are knocking on the door of fall again.  I will catch you up on the highlights of the summer, some good (cattle shows, vacation, fair) and the bad (drought, drought, drought).  I would also like to explain the working side of the farm.  With the drought we have been cutting silage to feed the cows.  I want to explain why we cut silage, how we cut it, and how we store it.  We have been getting a lot of questions with the drought.  Again, I kept thinking, if this were on my blog people could check it out.

Okay, now that you know I can still type, I will leave you for a bit.  Not as long as the last time, but for a day or two. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment