Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Fun and a Grilling Recipe

These are some yummy steak and potato shish-kabobs (not sure that is spelled right) that Rachel and I put together one night.  It was super simple.  Since we raise cattle we have our own meat.  I had to find a way to use the stew meat for something other than stew.  With it being grilling season I decided to try this.  I bought a package of Jack Daniels marinade sauce and placed the meat in it around noon so that it would have plenty of time to marinade before supper.  I think the flavor was mesquite.  Rachel and I alternated with the potatoes and meat then put them on the grill.  It didn't take long at all for them to cook.  The meat was like eating steak.  They were great and the family loved them.


I took Ryan to his end of the year school picnic Saturday and he shocked me by swimming in a pond.  I know that he is a farm kid and all, but this kid is not a water bug in large bodies of water.  He was begging to stay and swim more.  All the kids had a great time.  It was fun to watch them swim and go on a scavenger hunt.  (One of the items they had to find was loose horse hair!!) 

Andy has started summer school and will be going until the beginning of July.  He loves it.  I wish he were that excited during the normal school year.  Today they went to the park pool to do their swimming, they are going hiking on Friday.  Starting next week he will only have classes four days a week. 

We take Rachel to Purdue on Sunday for her week at camp.  She is excited.  We are going tomorrow to finish getting what she needs to take with her. 

There you have it, a quick look into our summer activities.  Hope you are having a great start to your summer!

1 comment:

  1. Hope, those kabobs look totally yummy. Have fun at Pinterest! It's addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete