Friday, May 27, 2011

Last Day For Many

Tonight as I sit here at the computer and type this I have tears streaming down my cheeks.  Why?  Today was the last of several milestone days for me, my children, and those children I work with.  To start off with Ryan had his "Final Assembly" this morning.  This will be the last one for our family at the small, Christain school that the Lord lead us to many years ago.  All three of our kids attended this school through grade school.  Next, it was the last day of Andrew's time at the middle school.  My first-born will be a freshmen next year.  This tugs at my heart, I miss him as the little boy he was and I am amazed at the young man he his becoming.  We had our awards convocation at school today and he was on the stage as a student council member to help pass out the awards.  In four short years he will be graduating and moving on in his life.  Rachel will be an eighth grader next year, while Ryan will be in the sixth grade.  I will still have them at the same school that I work so that will be nice.  Finally, I said good-bye to the students that I have grown close to this year.  Some days they try my patience greatly, but I still love them dearly.  It is hard to see them go through struggles, I am glad that I have an opportunity to be a small part of theirs lives.

Ryan still has two days left of school.  I am going to go and spend all day with him on Tues. and Wed.  It will be fun to finish out the school year with him.  I hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment