Monday, February 7, 2011

Home Management Binder

Hello all!  This may be a long post today as I am linking up to Bowl Full Of Lemons   "Home Management Binder" Party.  I have found some good organizational ideas out in the blogging world and some cool parties to link up to.  I figure that with me having extra time from being home from my surgery and linky parties equal fun for me. 

On a side note, I will update you on the weather and kids before I continue.   Rachel and Ryan arrived safely in Houston this a.m. around 8:00 local time.  They called home about 8:45 to talk to me quickly before they left on their next leg of the trip that will take them on to Honduras.  Rachel was crying and Ryan was doing fine at the moment.  Last night it was a different story, they both were crying, which got me to crying.  They will be fine though.  On to the weather, we had another 4 inches of snow on Sat.  So now we have snow, ice and roads that still have not been cleared.  Andy is out of school for the 5th day in a row now.  I am starting to wonder when they will get back in session.  It is not a bad thing on our end b/c he and his cousin have been helping David in the shop.  They have been tearing apart the corn planter so it can be fixed where necessary before planting season arrives. 

Okay, on to the good stuff.  Like the title of the post states this is about "Home Management Binders", mine in particular.  I never really thought about doing one of these but after putting some thought to it I decided it would suit my needs.  On with the pictures:


I started out with a plain hot pink binder.  ( I love the color pink)  I had some paper from the scrapbook line October Afternoon in the theme "Modern Homemaker", I also had stickers and peel-n-stick chipboard images.  With all of my goodies gathered in my craft room I got started cutting, gluing and have a great time.  It only took a couple of hours in all to finish it.
Front View
Inside:  I have a clear pouch for my favorite pens and other small items I might need.  I took a file folder and used that for my template for my dividers.  
This one is for the recipes that I print off the internet, cut out of magazines etc.  I have placed all the recipes in page protectors. I have this section divided into Mains, Sides, and Sweets. Moving on:

I purchased some double pocket dividers to put in each section.  I can slip things in until I have time to put it in the binder properly or have space to keep items that I may need like receipts, coupons, grocery ads, etc.
Menu Planning.  I have a monthly menu schedule I keep in this section as well as out freezer meal list.

 My Cleaning Section
 Coupons & Stuff
 These are the coupons and sale ads that I want to use this week at the store.  Also, I can put rebate info and other budget items in this section.
 Craft Section.  I love to make cards and I am always printing off different ideas.  I can tuck them in here until I have time to use them. 
 
 This is for the Misc. stuff.   You know the stuff you have here and there but really can't throw away or file quite yet. 
Of course, I put a pink legal pad in the back for my paper source.  Cannot go wrong with the color pink! 

I hope you enjoyed my take on the "Home Management Binder".  Thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your dividers...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project. You must be feeling better and enjoying not going to work. I'll be getting in touch once i get life back in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love the color Pink :) You just can't go wrong! My daughter's friend said I was over the top when my pajamas.. robe.. and fuzzy slippers.. were yep.. pink :) Great job on the binder - I love it!

    ReplyDelete