Thursday, December 2, 2010

Way Too Long Since I Last Posted

It has been awhile.  Sorry.  Life just keeps moving on and I feel like all I get done is get up, go to work, come home, fix supper, do laundry, skim through everything else that needs just a tad bit of attention and then go to bed and start it all over the next day.  I am really looking forward to Christmas vacation.  I miss the days when I didn't work and I could get more done in the day and really have time to prepare for the Holiday Season.  I don't get to see my friends very often and I miss that too.

Okay, on to other news.  We did get away for the Thanksgiving break.  We left early Wed. morning and drove to Arkansas to visit David's family.  David and I actually got up on Black Friday at 2:00 a.m. and went to their local Wal-Mart to stand in line for two hours to get a laptop and a Sony e-reader.  I have already downloaded some free, classic books from Google books.  I will eventually start to enjoy the laptop more once I have things caught up from being gone.  It was a nice break.  We just did nothing for the few days we were there.  It was nice and relaxing.  We slept, took the kids to What-A-Burger, and to this really cool hardware store called Leonard's.  It has everything, I mean everything.  I will post pics at a later date.  On the way down we took the kids to Lambert's in Springfield, MO.  It is the restaurant where they "throw" the rolls at you.  Let's just say that I got hit in the head with a roll.  They also serve extras like fried okra, macaroni and tomatoes, fried potatoes, sorghum for the rolls, and black-eyed peas.  It is not you diet friendly place to eat. 

I am off to get ready for bed.  Tomorrow is Friday and I am looking forward to the weekend.  Hopefully we will get the tree put up this weekend and maybe get some more Christmas shopping done.  Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment