Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Harvest Is Almost Complete

Weird but true, harvest is almost over for this year (besides the little bit of double crop beans).  I can't ever say that in the 16 years we have been married they have ever finished this early.  It doesn't mean that the late nights will end, there is always more work to be done.  We also have another new baby calf.  I can't remember if I told you about the one we already had.  Dave brought it home a couple of weeks ago, and now it has a playmate.  They really aren't good for breeding though because they are twins.  I can't remember how it goes, but if they are both the same sex or the opposite one or both will be sterile.  (Janet, do you want one even if it is not reproducible?  Does anyone else have the hankering for one?)  It is like having two extra kids to take care of, only they live in the barn. 

On another note that is more fun than cattle and harvest, I have been playing with my cricut.  I would show you pics but I still can't get my computer to accept my camera.  GRRRRR!!!  I will figure it out eventually, just need time. 

I am off to take a shower and go to bed.  Hope you all are having a great week, just think it is almost over and will be Friday again.  How time flies...  Talk to you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for entering the Vera Bradley giveaway and thanks for being a follower! I have farmers in my family so I totally understand how tired you must be. Congrats on the harvest!

    ReplyDelete