Monday, August 30, 2010

A Quick Check-In

Wow, time is flying by fast!!! Tomorrow is the last day in August, and it seems that Christmas is right around the corner. I know, I know, don't mention that yet, but let's get real, you know it will be sneaking up on us faster than, well... I don't what but you know what I mean!!!

We have settled into the most normal routine of school that you can get for kids that would rather be at home on the farm. Rachel has started volunteering at a horse boarding, training and lesson facility that is near our house. She is enjoying that while also receiving some professional lessons. It is a wonderful set-up, she works and rides and it costs me nothing! Can't go wrong with that. The boys are doing their share of farm chores after school.

I decided the other night that the kids would start doing their own laundry. That went over like a lead balloon. I was tired of the "laundry mountain" and decided to take action. Andy told me that he wasn't going to do his laundry he would just wear his clothes dirty. (I wouldn't stand to close to him if I were you) Actually, it might not be a bad idea, it will keep all of those girls at school away. Why didn't I think of this before? I could hear Rachel in the basement tonight with Ryan saying "If you will wait a minute I will show you how to do this!!" I heard him respond with "There are lights and darks Rachel!" You see they do know how to somewhat do laundry; they just choose not to. Not anymore. If you drive by and see laundry sitting out on my porch it is because it stinks and I have just moved it outside. Out of sight, out of mind!!!!

Hope you are having a good start to your week. Talk you you all again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment