Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Nose To The Grindstone Again

Well, we are back at the school routine. We are officially all back in school now. Ryan went back today and Andy, Rach and I have been back since last Thurs. Thankfully I don't have one child in a sport this fall. I think Rach is a little lost with herself, she doesn't know what to do with her free time. She tried out for the volleyball team but didn't make it. She was okay with it though. It is nice not to be running up and down the road. I am sure that some of my neighbors wonder at times if I have lost my mind. I will go to town and then come right back home, only to return a short time later. I can only imagine some of their comments "Can she not get everything she needs in one trip?", "She must not have anything better to do than run up and down the road!", "I wonder how much it costs her in gas everyday?" I have lost my mind, but it is for reasons I can explain. Ha Ha!!

The weather has finally given us a break, the humidity is not so high. We headed out to the State Fair on Sunday and I thought we were going to keel over before we left there, it was so hot and humid and there must have been a million people. You couldn't stir them with a stick, there were so many. It didn't help that David and I had colds and really didn't feel like being there. We went to see how Andy and Rachel did with their projects. Andy received blue and a merit award on his lamp for electricity and Rachel received a blue for her Water & Soil Conservation poster.

David has started cutting hay again. It won't be long and they will be going to the fields to start harvest. I say that it doesn't matter when you plant the corn and beans they will be ready when we start back to school. On Aug. 31st we are hosting a field day here at our house for local cattle producers as well as producers across the state. The topic of the afternoon will be "Lowering Your Winter Feed Costs". If you are local and would like to come send me an e-mail and I will give you the info on it. There will be a catered meal in the evening.

That pretty much sums up our life for now. Hope your week is going well and have a great weekend. Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment