Monday, January 18, 2010

Hey! Where Did Everybody Go???

I bet that was what you all were thinking after my last post on the 10th! I went to my bed, then to the bathroom many times and then to the couch. Can you guess what happened? Yep, I got the nastiest bug for miles around. Poor Ryan got it also. I pray that all of you don't get it. I missed work for four days last week. I just couldn't shake it. But I am up and running again. As if the week could have gotten worse. On the 10th Ryan's teacher passed away unexpectedly, then we got sick, and it just was one thing after another happening.

I do want to tell you about the great site I found and have been using. This is the "surprise" I have been telling about. It is called http://www.plantoeat.com/ It is a really neat site where you can set up your grocery list, keep a pantry list, get recipes off the Internet and put them in the "recipe book", and print off your weekly meal plans. It will save the meal plans so you can just reuse them again. It tells you if you used a recipe recently and how many time you used it. It also enables you to shop more efficiently by categorizing everything by sections. It takes a little bit to get the info put into it but it is not hard. I would not tell you about it if it was very tedious. I am not that kind of girl. I like it because I can download recipes from sites like Taste of Home, Kraft Food, Rachel Ray, or any other recipe site. I can punch in what main ingredient I want to use or if I want to make a side dish on these sites and find great recipes. I can also enter in my favorite recipes that I have here at home from my books. Super simple. The best part is that you can try it out for free for 30 days. Then after that the subscription is for a year and I think it is around $35.00-40.00. It came out to be about 3 something a month. Not much for such a service. So check it out, and start planning your meals. The couple of weeks that I have used it I have really liked the ease of the shopping and the making of the meals. And the variety of dishes that I am finding on the Internet. I was always one that went to the store and bought a lot of stuff and them made meals out of it. This way you are only making meals from what you buy.

This week I am going to cook from my pantry. We seem to have a stockpile of certain items and I am going to try to use them up. Dave helped me organized the pantry and freezers yesterday so now we know what exactly is in there.

I am going to go for now. Go check out the site and let me know what you think. Also, share any ideas that you may have for meal planning. Happy eating!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun. I'll take a look at it. Food doesn't really sound the best to me right now, but i'll look at it anyway and give it a shot if i ever feel like eating again.

    ReplyDelete