Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Hi! I can't believe that it has been a little over a month since I last wrote. Well, a lot has happen since then. I will try to fill you in. I started working full-time at the school and that in itself eats up most of my life. What is left I spend on the kids and helping Dave on the farm. I volunteered a couple of weeks ago to go and help fix fence. I was thinking that this would be a nice family day out. Let me just say it was a looooong family day out. Thankfully, I had the foresight to bring along peanut butter and jelly and chips. We did get most of the fence in pretty decent shape and it was fun to spend time together.

This morning the wonderful bovine that we own must have sensed it was my first day off for Christmas break. Our phone rang and it was the neighbor. I was looking down toward their house and saw this large, black moving blob. As I sweetly asked "Those aren't cows are they?" His reply was yes and there were about 25-30 out. Thankfully, another kind soul pulled in the drive and I hopped into his truck and he helped us get them back to were they needed to go. Bless those sweet cows!! I will have to say, I have no problem eating hamburgers after days like today. (That is exactly what we had for supper too!!) Once that job was completed I came back home to finish the paperwork that I had started. I need to get the farm books ready for the end of the year tax stuff. It is on my list of things to get done while we are on break for 2 weeks. Funny, I don't remember writing down on my list of things to do--put cows away!!

We hope your family has a wonderful holiday and a great start to the New Year! We have several things planned to do with the family over the break. For now, I think my warm, cozy pj's and a cup of hot chocolate are calling my name. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment