Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day After

The kids before they open their gifts. Some of their favorites: Andy got a computer John Deere game. Rachel received 10 different nail polishes and a new bling-bling belt. (She painted her nails three times on Christmas Day!) Ryan got a new big John Deere tractor and wagon along with a new MP3 player.





It is always fun to take extra pie crust and put cute cookie cutter shapes on the top. I also served a dutch apple pie.


Here are all three of the pies together. I like different ways to display food. Stands, baskets, anything to make it more unique and appealing.


This is one of the table settings. I have a whole picture of the table but it is turn sideways and I don't have time to change it right now. These china plates are from one of my neighbor's garage sale. They were her mom's china, they were shipped to Chicago in a wooden crate on a train. How cool is that? They are very old and I am the luckiest girl to have stumbled onto them.
We only use them for very special occasions. The silverware David gave to me several years ago for Christmas. It is made in Germany.
We hope you enjoyed your Christmas. We had a great time. We always have a dinner here on Christmas Eve with our families and then attend Christmas Eve services at church. As I look out the window now it is snowing. It looks like someone shook the snow globe and is making it snow. Have a great evening. We are off to celebrate with some extended family at a local restaurant. Talk to you soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment