Saturday, October 3, 2009

It Has Been Such A Long Time.....

My wonderful brother-in-law came to visit with his sweet family last weekend. They surprised us by coming to Rachel's soccer game. He kindly informed me that it had been a month since I last blogged. I really do think of everyone in blog land everyday. I just can't seem to find the time to sit down and do anything about it. A couple of times I have actually started a new post only to be interrupted by a kid or something else and was unable to finish the post. I started a new job at the middle school and I only work part-time. I have been filling in for different people and have actually been working many full-time days. Between work, Rachel's travel soccer, the house, paperwork, the kids, and everything else that needs to be done there isn't any time to squeeze out of the day. I have still been hitting the Goodwills while I am traveling around the world with Rachel and her games. I have found some other great finds. I have even been finding some great things at garages sales this fall.

David and the guys started harvest this past week. That will be added to the mix of our life. I try to take the kids out to see him as often as possible. Sometimes they may go several days and not see him at all. Ryan actually cried on the first day of harvest because he knew that it meant dad wouldn't be around as much for a while. They are out with Dave on the farm today.

I caved and turned on our furnace this week. I am such a wimp when it comes to cold weather. I just can't take it. I miss the days of shorts and sandals.

One more exciting bit of information. Andy shot his first deer last weekend. He was very excited. We have to go and pick up the meat tomorrow. I have never really ate deer, this will be a new experience for me. I will let you know how it turns out. I am a bit nervous, I was raised on beef and pork.

I will at least try to blog once a week. Maybe things will settle down now that it is cooler. There is less work to be done outside. We'll see....

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Andy! I think I might have had deer before but I can't remember. Tell the kids hello for me! :)

    ReplyDelete