Sunday, June 21, 2009

Black Raspberries

I picked 6 cups of raspberries yesterday. My dad loves raspberry cobbler. I made it this afternoon for his father's day gift. I really should have done some better planning when I planted the plants. They are next to a fence, and on the other side of the fence is a cow lot. We have had quite a bit of rain so the lot is very sloppy. I have to go into the lot to pick on the other side of the berries. Tonight when I was picking the cows decided to come and visit me. I think they knew that my foot was stuck in the mud (my pretty pink rubber boots to be exact) and I couldn't escape fast. These are 4-H calves so they are very friendly, but I was not in the mood to be sniffed and cornered by three cows. I had to call for dh to come and shoo them away while I finished picking. I only got enough berries for us to munch on tonight. The cobbler was great, we had it with vanilla ice cream. In July we will will have blackberries. Those are planted at the end of the garden and not next to any fence or cows. Hope you all have a great week ahead. Hopefully we will finally get some hay cut and baled. The kids have an open cattle show on Sunday, but depending on the hay we may or may not be able to attend. I will keep you updated on that later. Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of raspberries! I love them too but haven't planted any of those. I did pick enough blackberries this morning to make a cobbler for afternoon coffee.

    Thanks for visiting my blog - it's nice to meet you!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete