Monday, March 9, 2009

MIA, Sorry

I am sorry to have been MIA. I had a spinal tap done last Thurs. and that laid me up for a few days. I will give you a brief update to what led up to having the spinal tap done. In Jan. I went to my regular eye dr., was having a bit of trouble focusing and seeing, nothing major just thought that maybe my prescription had change. He took detailed pictures of my eyes and noticed that my optic nerves were swollen. I went to an eye specialist, then to a neurologist. I had a MRI done to make sure that there weren't any brain tumors, aneurysms, or abnormalities, there weren't thank goodness. Finally the spinal tap to see how much pressure and fluid was in my cranium. Apparently too much b/c now I am on a low dose water pill. I am trying to get used to it, I have been having some dizziness, numbness, tingling, extreme tiredness, but it is getting better. There for a few days I didn't even check my e-mail, I just didn't have the energy to care. The good news is they caught it before it did permanent damage to my eyes. I could have lost my side vision and they can't correct that. My blind spots were still enlarge a couple of weeks ago but hopefully with the water pill that will correct itself in time.

Okay, onto something of more interest that my eyes. There was a plane crash right down the road from our house Sat. morning. Andy called me on the phone and said, "Mom, a plane just crashed down at the neighbors", I was thinking okay here is my son with an overactive imagination. Nope, he was right, a small ultra-lite plane had crash in the field about a 1/4 mile from our house. The man was 80 yrs old and had just taken off from the airport. He must have known he was having trouble because he shut the engine off, which kept it from catching on fire when it crashed. From what could be witnessed from the crash he had a very bad gash on his head, both legs might have been broken and possibly one ankle. He was awake an alert through the whole rescue. There was a nurse driving down the road and saw it happen and she was the first on the seen plus the neighbors. They had to airlift him to another hospital. You should have seen the corn debris fly through the air when the helicopter landed in the field. I hope that he is doing well, we have no idea what hospital he was taken to. All I know about him is that we think he first name is Walter. God Bless Walter.

I am off to try and get something done this a.m. before I get to tired to stand. I will try not to go so long in posting the next time. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment