Thursday, March 26, 2009

Another Great Grocery Day



Okay, I had another great, savings day at Kroger. This picture does not do justice for what I purchased for a mere$49.78. Here is the low down on what I got:

  • 2 gallons milk
  • 3 boxes fruit snacks
  • 2 pkgs Bob Evans sausage links
  • 2 pkgs Hunts choc pudding
  • 1 bottle Sauve mousse
  • 5 bottles Sauve conditioner
  • 4 bottles Sauve shampoo
  • 1 bottle Sauve body wash
  • 3 single rolls Bounty paper towels
  • 2 cans Manwhich sloppy joe
  • 1 pkg 8 ct hamburger buns
  • 1 large frozen Marie Callendars frozen lasagna (serves 12)
  • 1 loaf garlic bread
  • 2 liter coke
  • 2 cans spaghetti sauce
  • 1 box spaghetti noodles
  • 2 cans Pillsbury breadsticks
  • 2 cans Pillsbury pizza dough
  • 2 containers fat-free sour cream
  • 2 large containers Country Crock butter
  • 2 boxes lemon jello

Now you know why I am so excited. I want everyone to be able to share in the bounty. This alone with what I already have in my pantry and freezer will keep us going for several weeks. Some say they don't have time to coupon. I saved $45.04 with coupons, my Kroger card, plus Kroger coupons that was sent to me. All it took was a 1/2 hour to cut all of my coupons and one organized grocery list and I won the jackpot. I am going to try to get a coupon/frugal living group together at my church in the next few months. I will keep you posted so if you live nearby you can come and join us. Start saving your coupons each week, it also helps to buy 2 Sunday papers. (Or you can ask someone to save their coupons for you) File them away by the date that they were sent out and them refer to the http://feedindy.com/ website and start saving!!! You may ask, "How do I tell what the date is?" Look on the side of the coupons and in small print you will find the date. Also, there are different kinds of coupon groupings. The three main ones that we have in central IN are: Smartsouce, RedPlum, and Proctor & Gamble. (There might be one more but I can't think of the name at the moment). Anyway, when you go to feed indy it will say something like County Crock 3/22 S. It will have other info but this means you need to go to the week of March 22 and look in you SmartSource coupons. It sounds more confusing than it really is. Here is a challenge for all of you, let me know how you are doing with your savings and couponing. With encouragement from each other we can save money and have fun along the way. Knowledge is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment