Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Taking A Bath

Who knew that taking a bath could be so labor intensive? Apparently our nine year old son thought that I had plenty of time on my hands because he took a bath in part of his clothes!!! Earlier in the day I found a t-shirt that had been left in the shower that had been wet but dried out. I didn't think too much about it, picked it up and put it in the laundry. Then last night Ryan was taking a shower and Andy came in and ratted him out. Here goes mom off to the bathroom and sure enough there is Ryan standing under the water with another t-shirt on. After I striped him down and got him out of the tub I told him he wasn't allowed to take another bath until he learned how to use the tub properly. What goes through a boys mind to make him do something like this? Thankfully it is not hot out. He might smell by the end of the week. All I can think of is Dr. Dobson, from Focus on the Family, saying "Girls may jump off of a couch and get hurt and think "Wow, I shouldn't do that anymore", where boys will jump off the couch and get hurt and think "Wow, that hurt but I will have better luck next time!" Oh the life of a mother of boys.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe he's trying to give you less work...by showering with the shirt on you don't have to wash the shirt? That's the reasoning MY brother would have used.

    ReplyDelete