Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Gimpy

Well, ole Gimpy decided he would go out to work today. So far he has been out all day. He has even not been using his crutches. He took one out with him but has used it very little. He is still hobbling. He told me this morning that he would let me drive the feed truck if I promised not to wreck it. I felt like I was the queen of an 18-wheeler (it only has 6 wheels, I think). I told him that I could use it to go and get groceries as long as I didn't have to go up any steep hills (I had a little trouble shifting gears). It was quite liberating being behind the wheel. I will have to take a picture of the beast so you can see what I mean. We get to go and pick Rachel up in about 8 1/2 hours. I can't wait. I know that after the three kids are together for awhile and start arguing I will be ready to send one of them back to Honduras, but for now I just want all of my ducklings home in one place. I don't know if she will feel up to going to school tomorrow. She may be so tired that she will want to sleep all day. Dave and I are going to have our taxes done tomorrow. I am always glad when that is over. I will write tomorrow about Rachel's arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment